We are super proud of our geeky culture, started by our engineer-turned-CEO, and the diversity of the team, cultivated by a group of amazing people from all over the world.
Founded in 2012, AfterShip is an automation platform that empowers eCommerce retailers to create and manage the world’s best online shopping experiences.
Best known for post-purchase products AfterShip and Returns Center, we also enhance pre-purchase automation with Automizely Marketing. In fact, we offer a complete suite of tools to build an end-to-end customer journey that turbo-charges engagement, revenue, and loyalty.
Trusted by over 100,000 eCommerce retailers like Gymshark, Kylie Cosmetics, and Murad, AfterShip is the one-stop shop for eCommerce tools that support website pop-ups, advanced email flows, page building, shipment visibility, branded shipment tracking, proactive email and SMS notifications, returns, and exchanges.
AfterShip is looking for an all-star Business Development Manager to join our fast-growing Sales team. Your goal will be to drive the continued growth of the US market by prospecting at the enterprise level, as well as playing an integral role in the growth of the Business Development function. As the first member of the Business Development team, you will be responsible for all outbounding tasks as a Business Development Representative, and will be empowered to set processes, train new BDRs, and adopt a player-coach role within the team as we grow.
The ideal candidate is someone with a track record of success in outbound software sales, as well as the finesse, intelligence, motivation and aptitude to successfully drive complex deals with clients located in different time zones. You know what it takes to succeed and are passionate about the opportunity to build and support a team.
Working closely with the Account Executive team, you will use a combination of phone, email and social media tools to identify, contact and organise initial calls with decision makers from some of the world’s biggest brands.
What You’ll Do:
- Proactively search for and reach out to decision makers through a combination of phone, email and social media based methods.
- Generate and coordinate new meetings for the Account Executive team.
- Maintain an accurate close list and follow up consistently.
- Develop strong product knowledge and look to learn from product, sales and tech teams.
- Maintain accurate information in our CRM.
- Develop new strategies to grow the sales pipeline, and consistently meet monthly SQL (Sales Qualified Lead) and MRR (Monthly Recurring Revenue) goals.
- Ensure new BDRs are set up for success but implementing efficient and scalable processes.
Who We're Looking For:
- Have 2+ years experience in business development, sales or account management, ideally in the
- A hunter profile – excited at the prospect of driving new business for the company.
- Proven track record of success selling to multiple personas at V.P. and C-levels from eTail / E-commerce with a focus on digital executives.
- Experience using CRMs like HubSpot.
- Looking to grow your career in a truly international company with a start-up feel.
- Thrives in an autonomous work environment, with the ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work across multiple time zones and with multiple teams.
At AfterShip, we understand that not all applicants will have skills that match the job description exactly. We value diverse experiences and respect that experience comes in many different forms, so even if you feel you may not meet every qualification to a T then we still encourage you to apply. We are always looking for people who can help us continue to raise the bar for our team and who want to join us on our mission.
Why You Should Join Us:
- We are super proud of our geeky culture and the diversity of the team, cultivated by a group of amazing people from all over the world. We have proudly achieved a 4.5/5 Glassdoor rating, and are continuously working to strengthen our culture and the experience of our people.
- You will receive competitive compensation, benefits from day 1 (benefits offered vary by job location), flexible PTO, and all sorts of tools and resources to empower you to do your best work.
- You’re empowered to choose a work environment that works best for you - whether that is home, hybrid, or in the office full-time. Right now, we have WeWork offices in Toronto, Austin, and Barcelona.
- You will be part of a company that is on an exceptional growth trajectory as we have been routinely doubling our revenue every year since 2014, and secured a funding round of $66 million Series B led by Tiger Global last year.
- We have great ambition to make buying and selling easier for everyone in this world -- one of the most exciting spaces for a technology start-up to be in. There is virtually no ceiling for either what you will be doing or learning here, and we want to support you to grow exponentially, along with the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In addition, we are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the legislative requirements of this job’s location. Please let us know if you require accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.