As Senior Public Relations Manager, your mission will be to raise awareness of AfterShip’s robust eCommerce solutions through thought leadership in top tier prominent media. You will be responsible for building and implementing exciting and creative PR initiatives that showcase our technical innovation, industry thought leadership and customer success stories.
This is a high impact position within AfterShip’s growing Marketing team. If you are an energetic, highly motivated individual who enjoys creative concepting, brand storytelling and expanding brand awareness, this could be you!
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Lead the effort to execute corporate brand and product PR activities, including company brand awareness building, critical product-led activities, etc.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Build relationships with thought leaders and 3rd party analysts to grow industry awareness
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
Who We're Looking For:
- Proven working experience in public relations required
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns targeting Tier 1 media globally
- Strong relationships with global business and industry media outlets
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline, SaaS background would be a plus
- Good networking skills, excellent at cultivating and maintaining relationships with the media
Why You Should Join Us:
- We are super proud of our geeky culture, started by our engineer-turned-CEO, and the diversity of the team, cultivated by a group of amazing people from all over the world.
- You will receive competitive compensation, benefits from day 1, flexible PTO, and all sorts of tools and resources to empower you to do your best work.
- You’re empowered to choose a work environment that works best for you - whether that is home, hybrid, or in the office full-time. Right now, we have WeWork offices in Toronto, Austin, and Barcelona.
- You will be part of a company that is on an exceptional growth trajectory as we have been routinely doubling our revenue every year since 2014, and secured a funding round of $66 million Series B led by Tiger Global last year.
- We have great ambition to make buying and selling easier for everyone in this world -- one of the most exciting spaces for a technology start-up to be in. There is virtually no ceiling for either what you will be doing or learning here, and we want to support you to grow exponentially, along with the company.