AfterShip is looking for an all-star Business Development Manager to join our fast-growing Sales team. Your goal will be to drive the continued growth of the EMEA market by prospecting at the enterprise level, as well as playing an integral role in the growth of the Business Development function. As the first member of the Business Development team, you will be responsible for all outbounding tasks as a Business Development Representative, and will be empowered to set processes, train new BDRs, and adopt a player-coach role within the team as we grow.
The ideal candidate is someone with a track record of success in outbound software sales, as well as the finesse, intelligence, motivation and aptitude to successfully drive complex deals with clients located in different time zones. You know what it takes to succeed and are passionate about the opportunity to build and support a team.
Working closely with the Account Executive team, you will use a combination of phone, email and social media tools to identify, contact and organize initial calls with decision makers from some of the world’s biggest brands.
What You’ll Do:
- Proactively search for and reach out to decision makers through a combination of phone, email and social media based methods.
- Generate and coordinate new meetings for the Account Executive team.
- Maintain an accurate close list and follow up consistently.
- Develop strong product knowledge and look to learn from product, sales and tech teams.
- Maintain accurate information in our CRM.
- Develop new strategies to grow the sales pipeline, and consistently meet monthly SQL (Sales Qualified Lead) and MRR (Monthly Recurring Revenue) goals.
- Ensure new BDRs are set up for success while implementing efficient and scalable processes.
Who We're Looking For:
- Have 2+ years experience in business development or sales (SaaS or eCommerce industries preferred, but not required).
- Must be based in the United Kingdom/London.
- A hunter profile – excited at the prospect of driving new business for the company.
- Proven track record of success selling to multiple personas at V.P. and C-levels
- Experience using CRMs like HubSpot.
- Looking to grow your career in a truly international company with a start-up feel.
- Thrives in an autonomous work environment, with the ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work across multiple time zones and with multiple teams.
Why You Should Join Us:
- We are super proud of our geeky culture, started by our engineer-turned-CEO, and the diversity of the team, cultivated by a group of amazing people from all over the world.
- You will receive competitive compensation, benefits from day 1, flexible PTO, and all sorts of tools and resources to empower you to do your best work.
- You’re empowered to choose a work environment that works best for you - whether that is home, hybrid, or in the office full-time. Right now, we have WeWork offices in Toronto, Austin, and Barcelona.
- You will be part of a company that is on an exceptional growth trajectory as we have been routinely doubling our revenue every year since 2014, and secured a funding round of $66 million Series B led by Tiger Global last year.
- We have great ambition to make buying and selling easier for everyone in this world -- one of the most exciting spaces for a technology start-up to be in. There is virtually no ceiling for either what you will be doing or learning here, and we want to support you to grow exponentially, along with the company.