At AfterShip, we’re passionate about making e-commerce better. AfterShip empowers e-commerce businesses to grow and bring the best shopping experiences to their customers.
AfterShip partners with over 1,000 carriers around the globe to provide our customers with a world-class post-purchase experience. In order for AfterShip to continue scaling, we need to ensure that legal and compliance matters around partnerships match the pace of the business’ growth.
As Carrier Partnerships Specialist, your mission will be to work with your team to ensure 100% compliance, especially on the long tail of non-key partners.
Reporting into AfterShip’s Courier Partnerships Director, the Carrier Partnerships Specialist will play a key role in the global Partnerships team. The ideal candidate is a goal-oriented self-starter who does not want to be micromanaged, and in return, does not need to be regularly supervised in order to achieve results. This role is ideal for someone with experience in client or partner contract negotiations and looking to grow within the Partnerships team into account management positions.
This is a remote position, with a preference for candidates in England/UK. This role requires collaboration with teams located in Asia, which may require working outside of regular business hours 1-2 times/week.
What You’ll Do:
- Review our relationships with each and every partner.
- Identify and determine any legal and compliance gaps present within partnerships.
- Coordinate with partners, legal, and various internal parties to ensure compliance.
- Through this process, you should build a strong foundation with those partners to lay the groundwork for future business development opportunities.
Who We're Looking For:
- Strong interpersonal skills and high EQ both offline and online. You are an effective communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to negotiate, or learn negotiation skills.
- Very technically savvy, especially with regards to: Cutting edge productivity tools (“life hacks”), Understanding of how APIs work, or ability to learn
- Comfortable working with legalistic documents such as partnership agreements, terms-of-services, data protection agreements, data privacy, etc.
- Strategic mindset and sound commercial judgment.
- Bilingual - fluency in English and Mandarin.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in either sales, business development, partnerships, legal, and/or compliance.
Why You Should Join Us:
- We are super proud of our geeky culture, started by our engineer-turned-CEO, and the diversity of the team, cultivated by a group of amazing people from all over the world. We have proudly achieved a 4.5/5 Glassdoor rating, and are continuously working to strengthen our culture and the experience of our people.
- You will receive competitive compensation, benefits from day 1 (benefits offered vary by job location), flexible PTO, and all sorts of tools and resources to empower you to do your best work.
- You’re empowered to choose a work environment that works best for you - whether that is home, hybrid, or in the office full-time. Right now, we have WeWork offices in Toronto, Austin, and Barcelona.
- You will be part of a company that is on an exceptional growth trajectory as we have been routinely doubling our revenue every year since 2014, and secured a funding round of $66 million Series B led by Tiger Global last year.
- We have great ambition to make buying and selling easier for everyone in this world -- one of the most exciting spaces for a technology start-up to be in. There is virtually no ceiling for either what you will be doing or learning here, and we want to support you to grow exponentially, along with the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In addition, we are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the legislative requirements of this job’s location. Please let us know if you require accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
At AfterShip, we understand that not all applicants will have skills that match the job description exactly. We value diverse experiences and respect that experience comes in many different forms, so even if you feel you may not meet every qualification to a T then we still encourage you to apply. We are always looking for people who can help us continue to raise the bar for our team and who want to join us on our mission.