AfterShip is an automation platform that empowers eCommerce retailers to create and manage the world’s best online shopping experiences. Powering the tracking of over 4.4billion order shipments for over 17,000 eCommerce retailers like Amazon, Harry’s and Kylie Cosmetics, AfterShip is the one-stop shop for eCommerce tools that support website pop-ups, advanced email flows, page building, shipment visibility, branded shipment tracking, proactive email and SMS notifications, returns, and exchanges.
Our strong product market fit, prioritizing solving real problems for our customers, has resulted in a strong growth trajectory for the company. We secured a 66 million dollar Series B in 2021.
At AfterShip, we are building a diverse and high-performing culture that encourages collaboration and experimentation on a global scale. Even as a company with over 10 years under our belt and 450 AfterShippers across our 8 global offices, we embrace a dynamic and agile approach to our work.
We operate with a flat team structure, where you will have opportunities to contribute your ideas and take ownership over your work to create meaningful impact for the business and the customers we serve. If you’re looking for a vehicle to achieve your professional goals and work alongside fantastic teams, we invite you to join us.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Sales Manager for our growing Account Executive team. You'll be responsible for building and scaling the team, overseeing the entire sales process, from lead generation to closing, while ensuring customer satisfaction and driving team performance. A deep understanding of the sales process and exceptional leadership skills are vital for success in this role.
We're looking for a high-energy individual with outstanding leadership skills and proven track record of managing high performing sales teams.
The Sales Manager reporting into the CEO, is part of AfterShip's Global Sales team. As such, there may be the need to work outside of regular office hours for team meetings or in order to collaborate with members of the team in APAC and North America, which flexible hours may be exercised to accommodate. There will also be opportunities to travel (up to 20% and fully expensed).
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee and manage a team of Account Executives, setting sales targets, and monitoring team's performance.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Conduct regular coaching sessions to build and maintain a high-performance sales team.
- Establish and nurture relationships with key decision-makers in target industries.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure product development aligns with customers' needs and expectations.
- Deliver detailed reports on sales performance, market trends, and competitor activities to company stakeholders and the leadership team.
- Evaluate the sales process and procedures for improvements.
- Provide expert knowledge of our services and platform to potential clients, effectively demonstrating the value proposition.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Experience in a B2B sales role, with at least 2 years in a managerial position, preferably within the eCommerce or technology sector.
- Proven track record in sales and team management.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and leadership skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics within the eCommerce industry.
- Experience with CRM systems (like HubSpot) and sales metrics.
Why You Should Join Us:
- We are super proud of our diverse and geeky culture, started by our software engineer turned CEO and cultivated by a group of amazing people from all over the world. You’ll be part of a solutions-oriented team that puts egos aside to achieve new milestones and tackle challenges together.
- We’re a remote-first team, meaning by default that employees work from home or on a hybrid-flexible basis in our hub locations (Toronto, Austin, Barcelona). You’re empowered to choose a work setup that works best for you and your team. With flexible hours depending on your time zone, you’ll be able to have a schedule that fits your working style and the requirements of your role.
- We have great ambition to make buying and selling easier for everyone in this world -- one of the most exciting spaces for a technology start-up to be in. There is virtually no ceiling for either what you will be doing or learning here, and we want to support you to grow exponentially, along with the company.
- Competitive compensation
- Remote-first/hybrid-flexible work setups
- Healthcare coverage offered from day 1
- Career progression & professional development
- Flexible PTO policy
- Invest in your learning + monthly book perk
- In-office lunch and commuter benefits for those located in our hub locations
We are an equal opportunity employer. In addition, we are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the legislative requirements of this job’s location. Please let us know if you require accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.