As the Director of Sales, you’ll not only have a deep understanding of how to accelerate our growth through scaling the sales team, but also a vision for how our strategy can contribute to our mission of empowering the world for better commerce. What you will be doing is simple: take ownership of all of our GTM strategies, assemble and lead a world-class sales organization, work out the 10X playbook through relentless coaching, switch on blitzscaling mode, and build a high-output organization to help us achieve our ambitious growth goals and turn our vision into reality.
You should be someone who’s extremely motivated by driving and scaling growth exponentially (business and personal) and have a proven track record of doing so. You’re excited and inspired by the possibility of fuelling a rocket-ship business to 10X its impact in the world, as well as shaping the future of e-commerce infrastructure together with a team of passionate builders and hackers.
What You’ll Do:
- Take a hands-on approach and build up the sales team from the ground up
- Create, and drive strategic GTM plans to help drive company growth, market share and retention goals
- Take ownership of the entire sales cycle and deploy all sales objectives across the organization, which includes preparing sales quotas, budgeting, training and hiring.
- Build, lead, and support a world class sales team to turn your vision of sales for the company into reality.
- Maintaining strong relationships with key internal partners (Talent, Marketing, R&D, co-founders) and external stakeholders.
- Leverage data to create and provide informed actions plans to improve key metrics
- Lead the various sales team that you help build and creating a positive culture with minimal turnover
Who We're Looking For
- A minimum of 5+ years of sales leadership experience
- Experience scaling sales teams and implementing GTM strategies at a high-growth SaaS company or a mature medium sized company
- A charismatic leader who can help oversee North American operations and able to build positive relationships at the executive-level remotely
- Manage a sales team of 10+ direct reports
- Proven experience with developing processes (commission structures, sales onboarding, KPIs,etc), and executing on sales strategies to promote long term success
- A passionate leader who can build and lead a world-class team, as well as rally and inspire others around the vision for what your team does
- A result-driven doer with entrepreneurial spirit who takes ownership of what you do and thrive on changes and ambiguity;
- A data literate with the ability to turn complex, disparate datasets into insights that drive directions and actions for the team;
- You have experience scaling a growth-stage (ecommerce) SaaS company and comfortable working remotely, with remote teams.
Why You Should Join Us:
- We’re proud to say that the company is on an exceptional growth trajectory as we have been routinely doubling our revenue every year since 2014, and have recently secured a funding round of $66 million Series B led by Tiger Global.
- Having the opportunity to become one of the established first leaders in our North American expansion plans and having contribute direct impact to the next phase of AfterShip’s growth
- We have great ambition to make buying and selling easier for everyone in this world -- one of the most exciting spaces for a technology start-up to be in. The room for growth is huge. There is virtually no ceiling for either what you will be doing or learning here, and we want to support you to grow exponentially, along with the company;
- We offer competitive compensations, benefits, remote work and all sorts of tools and resources to empower you to do your best work;
- We’re super proud of our geeky culture, started by our engineer-turned-CEO, and diversity in the team, cultivated by a group of amazing people from all over the world