We are super proud of our geeky culture, started by our engineer-turned-CEO, and the diversity of the team, cultivated by a group of amazing people from all over the world.
Founded in 2012, AfterShip is an automation platform that empowers eCommerce retailers to create and manage the world’s best online shopping experiences. Best known for post-purchase products AfterShip Tracking and Returns Center, we also offer a complete suite of tools to build an end-to-end customer journey that turbo-charges engagement, revenue, and loyalty.
Powering over 4.4billion order shipments by eCommerce retailers like TOMS, Kylie Cosmetics, Harry’s, and Aēsop, AfterShip is the one-stop shop for eCommerce tools that support website pop-ups, advanced email flows, page building, shipment visibility, branded shipment tracking, proactive email and SMS notifications, returns, and exchanges.
The Solutions Architect is part of the rapidly growing AfterShip sales organization. The primary goal of this role is to successfully increase the sales and adoption of the AfterShip solutions by working alongside the Account Executives to effectively demonstrate AfterShip’s offerings to and answer technical questions for enterprise-level corporate prospects. This Solutions Architect will work closely with the Sales and Customer Success teams to ensure the prospective client understands what they are purchasing and, upon contract signatures, experiences a seamless onboarding experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the Account Executives to consultatively engage with prospective clients to identify and develop solutions that meet their needs
- Define project scope based on the prospect's needs and requirements
- Deliver product POC and demonstrations that are tailored to the prospect’s technical requirements and audience
- Work to ensure the total buy-in of the AfterShip platform and capabilities by the prospect’s development team
- Providing customer training to set them up for success with AfterShip’s solutions
- Ensure completion of projects on-time and on-budget
Who We're Looking For:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a technical field
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Have customer-facing consulting experience in software implementation and service deployment
- Self-motivated to dig in to learn about products, technology, customers and competitors
- Familiarity with eCommerce platforms (e.g. Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce)
- Knowledge of APIs and previous exposure to programming languages like Go, Node.js, Java, React, and TypeScript – You won’t need to write code, but you will need to be able to effectively collaborate between our clients and our Product and Engineering teams
- Strong project management and resource management skills
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously and work well under deadlines
At AfterShip, we understand that not all applicants will have skills that match the job description exactly. We value diverse experiences and respect that experience comes in many different forms, so even if you feel you may not meet every qualification to a T then we still encourage you to apply. We are always looking for people who can help us continue to raise the bar for our team and who want to join us on our mission.
Why You Should Join Us:
- You will receive competitive compensation, benefits from day 1 (benefits offered vary by job location), flexible PTO, and all sorts of tools and resources to empower you to do your best work.
- You’re empowered to choose a work environment that works best for you - whether that is home, hybrid, or in the office full-time. Right now, we have WeWork offices in Toronto, Austin, and Barcelona.
- You will be part of a company with strong product market fit, prioritizing solving real problems for our customers, which has resulted in a strong growth trajectory for the company. We secured a 66 million dollar Series B in 2021.
- We have great ambition to make buying and selling easier for everyone in this world -- one of the most exciting spaces for a technology start-up to be in. There is virtually no ceiling for either what you will be doing or learning here, and we want to support you to grow exponentially, along with the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In addition, we are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the legislative requirements of this job’s location. Please let us know if you require accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.