AfterShip is an automation platform that empowers eCommerce retailers to create and manage the world’s best online shopping experiences. Powering the tracking of over 4.4billion order shipments for 14,000 eCommerce retailers like Amazon, Harry’s and Kylie Cosmetics, AfterShip is the one-stop shop for eCommerce tools that support website pop-ups, advanced email flows, page building, shipment visibility, branded shipment tracking, proactive email and SMS notifications, returns, and exchanges.
Our strong product market fit, prioritizing solving real problems for our customers, has resulted in a strong growth trajectory for the company. We secured a 66 million dollar Series B in 2021.
At AfterShip, we are building a diverse and high-performing culture that encourages collaboration and experimentation on a global scale. Even as a company with over 10 years under our belt and 450 AfterShippers across our 8 global offices, we embrace a dynamic and agile approach to our work.
We operate with a flat team structure, where you will have opportunities to contribute your ideas and take ownership over your work to create meaningful impact for the business and the customers we serve. If you’re looking for a vehicle to achieve your professional goals and work alongside fantastic teams, we invite you to join us.
The Solutions Engineer is part of the rapidly growing AfterShip sales organization. The primary goal of this role is to successfully increase the sales and adoption of the AfterShip solutions by working alongside the Account Executives to effectively demonstrate AfterShip’s offerings to and answer technical questions for enterprise-level corporate prospects. This Solutions Architect will work closely with the Sales and Customer Success teams to ensure the prospective client understands what they are purchasing and, upon contract signatures, experiences a seamless onboarding experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the Account Executives to consultatively engage with prospective clients to identify and develop solutions that meet their needs
- Define project scope based on the prospect's needs and requirements
- Deliver product POC and demonstrations that are tailored to the prospect’s technical requirements and audience
- Work to ensure the total buy-in of the AfterShip platform and capabilities by the prospect’s development team
- Providing customer training to set them up for success with AfterShip’s solutions
- Ensure completion of projects on-time and on-budget
Who We're Looking For:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a technical field
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Have customer-facing consulting experience in software implementation and service deployment
- Self-motivated to dig in to learn about products, technology, customers and competitors
- Familiarity with eCommerce platforms (e.g. Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce)
- Knowledge of APIs and previous exposure to programming languages like Go, Node.js, Java, React, and TypeScript – You won’t need to write code, but you will need to be able to effectively collaborate between our clients and our Product and Engineering teams
- Strong project management and resource management skills
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously and work well under deadlines
At AfterShip, we understand that not all applicants will have skills that match the job description exactly. We value diverse experiences and respect that experience comes in many different forms, so even if you feel you may not meet every qualification to a T then we still encourage you to apply. We are always looking for people who can help us continue to raise the bar for our team and who want to join us on our mission.
Why You Should Join Us:
- We are super proud of our diverse and geeky culture, started by our software engineer turned CEO and cultivated by a group of amazing people from all over the world. You’ll be part of a solutions-oriented team that puts egos aside to achieve new milestones and tackle challenges together.
- We’re a remote-first team, meaning by default that employees work from home or on a hybrid-flexible basis in our hub locations (Toronto, Austin, Barcelona). You’re empowered to choose a work setup that works best for you and your team. With flexible hours depending on your time zone, you’ll be able to have a schedule that fits your working style and the requirements of your role.
- We have great ambition to make buying and selling easier for everyone in this world -- one of the most exciting spaces for a technology start-up to be in. There is virtually no ceiling for either what you will be doing or learning here, and we want to support you to grow exponentially, along with the company.
- Competitive compensation
- Remote-first/hybrid-flexible work setups
- Healthcare coverage offered from day 1
- Career progression & professional development
- Flexible PTO policy
- Invest in your learning + monthly book perk
- In-office lunch and commuter benefits for those located in our hub locations
We are an equal opportunity employer. In addition, we are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the legislative requirements of this job’s location. Please let us know if you require accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.