AfterShip is an automation platform that empowers eCommerce retailers to create and manage the world’s best online shopping experiences. Powering the tracking of over 4.4billion order shipments for over 17,000 eCommerce retailers like Amazon, Harry’s and Kylie Cosmetics, AfterShip is the one-stop shop for eCommerce tools that support website pop-ups, advanced email flows, page building, shipment visibility, branded shipment tracking, proactive email and SMS notifications, returns, and exchanges.
Our strong product market fit, prioritizing solving real problems for our customers, has resulted in a strong growth trajectory for the company. We secured a 66 million dollar Series B in 2021.
At AfterShip, we are building a diverse and high-performing culture that encourages collaboration and experimentation on a global scale. Even as a company with over 10 years under our belt and 450 AfterShippers across our 8 global offices, we embrace a dynamic and agile approach to our work.
We operate with a flat team structure, where you will have opportunities to contribute your ideas and take ownership over your work to create meaningful impact for the business and the customers we serve. If you’re looking for a vehicle to achieve your professional goals and work alongside fantastic teams, we invite you to join us.
As a PR Specialist at AfterShip, your mission will be to raise awareness of AfterShip’s robust eCommerce solutions and build thought leadership through Public Relations. You will be responsible for creating high-quality press release content, leveraging data reports to pitch media, and managing media inquiries.
This is a high-impact position within AfterShip’s growing Marketing team. If you are an energetic, highly motivated individual who enjoys creative storytelling and expanding brand awareness, this could be a great opportunity for you!
We work on a remote-first, hybrid flexible basis, which means by default we work from home and each team can determine an in-office cadence that works best for them. The PR Specialist is part of AfterShip's Global Marketing team, and there may be the need to work outside of regular office hours for team meetings or in order to collaborate with members of the team in APAC up to twice a week.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media.
- Build relationships with thought leaders and 3rd party analysts to grow industry awareness.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and awards applications.
Who We're Looking For:
- Good networking skills, excellent at cultivating and maintaining relationships with the media. Existing relationships with global business and industry media outlets is a plus.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Highly-organized, and can manage time well.
- You work relentlessly on your growth — both professionally and personally.
- Collaboration speaks to you, and speaks volumes about you.
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in public relations is required, and a professional background working in eCommerce or SaaS is a plus.
At AfterShip, we understand that not all applicants will have skills that match the job description exactly. We value diverse experiences and respect that experience comes in many different forms, so even if you feel you may not meet every qualification to a T then we still encourage you to apply. We are always looking for people who can help us continue to raise the bar for our team and who want to join us on our mission.
Why You Should Join Us:
- We are super proud of our diverse and geeky culture, started by our software engineer turned CEO and cultivated by a group of amazing people from all over the world. You’ll be part of a solutions-oriented team that puts egos aside to achieve new milestones and tackle challenges together.
- We’re a remote-first team, meaning by default that employees work from home or on a hybrid-flexible basis in our hub locations (Toronto, Austin, Barcelona). You’re empowered to choose a work setup that works best for you and your team. With flexible hours depending on your time zone, you’ll be able to have a schedule that fits your working style and the requirements of your role.
- We have great ambition to make buying and selling easier for everyone in this world -- one of the most exciting spaces for a technology start-up to be in. There is virtually no ceiling for either what you will be doing or learning here, and we want to support you to grow exponentially, along with the company.
- Competitive compensation
- Remote-first/hybrid-flexible work setups
- Healthcare coverage offered from day 1
- Career progression & professional development
- Flexible PTO policy
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Invest in your learning + monthly book perk
- In-office lunch and commuter benefits for those located in our hub locations
We are an equal opportunity employer. In addition, we are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the legislative requirements of this job’s location. Please let us know if you require accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.